Tuesday, January 5, 2010

coming soon: Date Night

If you are like me, then your favorite thing about going to the movies is seeing the previews. When the movie sucks, at least you have the "coming soon" features to talk about and research. I hate when people want to jump into a movie after the previews have started, I paid money for this ticket so I better see the previews! Is there anything that compares to the feeling of excitement you get when the new Harry Potter trailers are released, or the new Twilight Saga trailer?

Well this post is about neither wizards nor vampires. Date Night is a new 2010 movie that stars Tina Fey and Steve Carell. The plot of the movie is not as important as the fact that Tina Fey and Steve Carell did a movie together. When I saw this preview I thought, "OMG! Why did I never picture them together in a movie until now?" As a lover of NBCs Thursday night comedy line-up, I can't believe it never crossed my mind that Steve Carell and Tina Fey might just be amazing together. To be fair, Tina Fey is just about amazing in everything she does. Steve Carell is good in most his projects (though sometimes I find The Office uncomfortable to watch when Michael Scott is being especially painful--Scott's Tots) and has the ability to be hysterical (Anchorman, 40 Year Old Virgin), and family friendly as well: is it wrong that I like Dan in Real Life?

Moving on, I just want to say that I have very high hopes for this movie, and this comedy pairing.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Everything Tina fey touches turns to pure gold. Even baby mama wasn't that bad! Yes, I totally watched baby mama.