Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gnomeo and Juliet

This movies release date is 2011, how lame. I'm going to a preview of it tonight. I probably will not be allowed to write about it, and what I see tonight will likely be different from what hits theatres in a year, but yay for me previewing a movie tonight!

Gnomeo and Juliet is an animated rendition of Romeo and Juliet involving gnomes. IMDB tells no lies, and was updated within the last week. Emily Blunt and James McAvoy provide their voices to the lead gnomes, and Elton John loans his musical genius to the soundtrack. So, besides that plot of gnomes sounding silly, I think this movie could actually be good if Elton John is onboard. Remember how much you love The Lion King?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This movie is strongly recommended for your viewing pleasure. That is once the animation is complete. I was not expecting it to be so funny. Reminds me of Shrek or Ice Age in that it has a greater appeal to adults than most Disney movies, yet it still is enjoyable for children. I will definitely be paying money to see the final product in 2011.

No comments: